Red Alert 3 maps are placed in the Red Alert 3 custom maps folder.
Each map has its own subfolder, named the same as the map, within the main custom Maps folder. The location of the RA3 Maps folder depends on what version of Windows your have installed:
- Under Windows XP:
- C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\Red Alert 3\Maps\
- Under Windows Vista:
- C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Red Alert 3\Maps\
[USER_NAME] is your Windows Logon user name.
To install Red Alert 3 maps that you’ve downloaded, extract them into the folder above based on your version of Windows.
Note that the AppData folder may be hidden by default.
To make this visible you need to enable the viewing of hidden files and folders in Windows Vista:
- Open Windows Explorer from the Start Menu
- Click the Organize drop-down menu, then Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab in the Folder Options dialog that appears.
- In Advanced Settings, turn on Show hidden files and folders.
- Hit OK.
Link Full Map